Remote Learning in Lockdown

As we begin the second week of our remote teaching programme, we would like to thank everyone who has sent in kind words of encouragement to our staff and school community. They certainly don't go unnoticed and really help to keep spirits high. 

Looking back at last week's lessons, an impressive 95% of all lessons were taught 'face-to-face' with the teacher via Microsoft Teams calls. The remaining 5% of lessons had work posted to the Teams classes, with teachers available for support via the 'chat' function. 

Tutors are checking in with every single student each morning to monitor attendance and wellbeing, a key consideration as we all stay home. 

Our virtual Parent-Teacher meetings, held for years 7,8 & 9, were also a success, with the majority of families able to log in to their allotted appointments online and speak directly to each subject teacher about their child's progress. 

This week, we are running our first ever virtual Sixth Form Open Evening. An event which normally allows students and their parents to attend a talk on the day-to-day life of a Sixth Former at Prior Park and then meet each head of Department to discuss course requirements, curriculum content and possible career opportunities associated with each subject.

The wonders of technology means that we can still offer this vital information evening, with families listening in at home to a talk from our Deputy Head (Academic) and Head of Sixth Form, then breaking out into separate group calls to ask those all-important subject specific questions.

The event is open to existing and prospective students, so please do get in touch if you or someone you know is interested in finding out more about Prior Park Sixth Form.

As we tentatively plan for a 'physical' reopening of school in the not-so-distant future, we can safely say that for now, the Prior Park community continues to thrive online.

For information on the Sixth Form evening contact


Spring Festival Short Story Competition 2022
Humanities Week 2022
Louis (Y12) is Man of the Match
India (Y12) wins Young Art Competition
PPSG reach the finals of CyberCenturion challenge
Prior Park School Careers Fair
Prior Park awarded COBIS Membership Status
Prior Park Unveils Purpose Built Sports Pitch
Short Story Competition Winners
Remote Learning in Lockdown
Prior Park says to NO to bullying
Students take Rite of Confirmation with Bishop Zammit
Creating a dyslexia friendly school
Fantastic GCSE Results 2020
Fantastic first set of A Level results for Prior Park students
Virtual School choir Performance
Sixth Former raises funds for humanitarian crisis in Yemen
Short Story Winner
A Poem from Lock Down
FitFob created to help during Covid-19 Crisis
Virtual Model United Nations Conference
Community Spirit
Science Week 2020
World Book Day 2020
Modern Fairy Tale Short Story Winners
Inter-School Rugby Tournament
Language Trip to Lyon, France
Snow Sports Trip 2020
Winter Concert 2019
Award-winning, underwater cameraman, Michael Pitts talks to students
Creative Arts Trip to London
International Languages Week
100% pass rate for GCSE students
A visit from the Chief Minister
Investment in Creative Technology
Sixth Form opens at Prior Park
Superb GCSE Results
Students perform at Royal Albert Hall
School awarded 'Best Practice' rating by COBIS
Prior Park receives Duke of Edinburgh Operating Licence
100% success rate in first set of GCSE exams
Official Opening Ceremony
Prior Park School Opens